Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Process

Ok, so I got sick and basically stopped quilting all together for a few weeks but tonight it hit me that I N.E.E.D.E.D. to quilt again! Like, right now.

There is a friend that recently had a birthday and I want to make her a quilt because I know she will love it. I found out from her boyfriend that her fav colors are blue and green. Check. She's not a fan of pink at all. Double check.

I sorted through my stash and picked out some nice shades of blue and green. The greens are more lime-greenish but I think they will work out. I don't want to spend any money to buy more fabric right now (need to save for vacation in July) so they will have to do. A couple of the prints have both colors in them, too.

So now I have to figure out the pattern. I always think New Wave quilt first these days, followed by patchwork. I don't really want to do New Wave because of the white sashing and I don't have enough fabric of another color to swap for the white. Unless I use one of the lime-greenish ones? I'm not sure.

(Short pause to check this out...brb)

Hmm, yeah I have enough but I don't think it will look right. Maybe I can make a New Wave but nix the sashing? I'm not convincing myself very well. I'd rather test that brilliant plan on something I'm not planning to give away.

Maybe a brick path quilt? Yeah, I don't think that is right either. I think the simple patchwork of 5 inch squares is the way I'm going to go. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: