Saturday, May 1, 2010

What in the world am I gonna do for the back?

Yay, it's Saturday! :) Have I mentioned how much I like Saturdays?

Today I am making this quilt, inspired by a pattern by Oh Fransson! (sorry for the bad pic, but it's a work in progress so better pics will follow once it is done.)

I liked it at first, then didn't like it, now I'm liking it again. It took some trial and error to get the blocks in the right places. I ended up lining up the colors on the diagonal which seems to work out best. While the fabrics are from the same family (Odyssea by MoMo for Moda and some Little Folks by Anna Maria Horner for Westminster Fibers) some of them look weird next to each other. I think I should have used half as many fabrics instead of trying to have 21 different fabrics (plus white of course). Oh well, it is all sewn together now. My husband likes it and has been making comments about it all day so it looks like this one is his! Win!

So here is my question - what the hell do I do for the back? I'm thinking of mostly white with some of the left overs of the Odyssea fabric on there in some fashion. Maybe bars of different lengths stretching out from one side, or maybe all of the way across making a wide band? I don't want to make any more of those squares. I have this feeling that I should do that, so of course I don't wanna.  What's the fun in that?

2 comments:

Stine said...

I think it looks great! I would put one of the Odyssea prints on the back. You could add a strip using your scraps, and then you need only the width of the fabric for the width of the quilt. Here's one I did:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44335570@N00/4308202249/in/set-72157622015296959/

Erica said...

Good call!