Friday, May 7, 2010

Work in progress

Happy Friday! 

I chose I pattern for the purple and black and gray fabrics finally - wonky pinwheels! Not just regular wonky pinwheels for me... HUGE, like HUGE HUGE pinwheels. This is gonna be interesting... I hope it works out like I think it will. The one good thing about huge is, if I don't like it I can always cut the fabric and make them smaller or into something new. This is what I'm telling myself at least. 

So I don't know about any of you, but cutting fabric is the worst part of making quilts as far as I'm concerned. I wish I could go directly from idea to sewing, or even better, idea to binding. Putting the binding on is my new fav. I dunno why since it takes for-ev-er. Maybe it's the watching tv while doing it part since I don't get to do that too much. Or the sitting on the couch part, which I also don't get to do that much. Probably a little bit of both. 

I just looked at the table and my fabric is still not cutting itself. Boo. Another item to add to the list of things I want to teach Meatball to do...

Anyhoo, I don't want to leave this post un-pic'd, so here you go:


This was the second quilt I made this year. It was for my friend Amy who said, "I love pink...wink wink". So, she got a pink quilt. She thought I was kidding when I said I bought pink fabric. Silly girl.


I think this was the beginning of Meatball's fabric addiction. He'll never be the same... cute little Meatie!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I really like your pink quilt! I always love simple patchwork designs that really show off the great fabric they're made with.